Reasons why you need to seal your pavement.
Action Asphalt Sealcoating & Striping uses the highest quality sealing products made for
- You will be able to walk on your newly sealed asphalt in 2-4 hours.
- You can drive on it after 24 hours.
Sealing your asphalt driveway or parking lot;
- Prevent gas, oil, and salt damage. Only coal tar sealer protects asphalt against the
highly damaging effect of gas and oil seepage and all other road chemicals, especially winter
- Stop weather damage. Sealing asphalt prevents accumulation of moisture and water
seepage in porous pavement structures.
- Prevent oxidation. The sun's rays harden and dry out the asphalt surface. This
accelerates raveling and can reduce asphalt thickness by as much as half in just five years.
- Reduce maintenance costs. The smooth, even surface of sealed pavement makes sweeping,
snow removal and maintenance simpler and cheaper.
- Beautify pavement. Sealing provides an attractive slate black appearance and restores
the original color to asphalt.
Sealcoating can double the life of your driveway or parking lot by protecting it from its
enemies: sun, oxidation, weather, water, oil & gas. Action Asphalt Sealcoating &
Striping applies sealcoating products tailored for each particular situation to form a tough protective
coating over your asphalt pavement.
The enemy above
Weather, Oxidation, Gasoline, Oils.
Properly designed parking lots and
driveways rarely wear out from traffic. Surface deterioration is usually caused by the weathering effects of the
sun and rain as well as the softening effects of deicers, gasoline and oil drippings.
Oxidation, the graying in color of asphalt pavement, is a sign of fatigue,
aging and general surface deterioration. When unprotected pavement becomes oxidized the aggregate will begin to
ravel from the surface making the pavement rough. Once the surface becomes brittle, cracks develop, and the
pavement deteriorates. Furthermore, water which accumulates in open pavement structures is a major cause of
Instituting a preventive maintenance program before these damaging elements get a hold on
your pavement is important. Application of a coal tar emulsion is the most cost effective maintenance
procedure available. When you sealcoat asphalt you double its life by shielding it from a variety of destructive
forces. In addition to its practicality, sealcoating also enhances the appearance of your pavement by giving it an
attractive, easy-to-clean, slate black color finish.
Click here to buy our asphalt